Tuesday, January 11, 2011

question of the day--#1

The purpose of this post is to cause you to spend time talking with your kids. I found that while growing up, me and my parents didn't spend a whole lot of time in quality conversation....something I so desperately wanted and needed and wish now that I could have had. It has made a huge impact on how I relate to my parents now, as well as other relationships with friends, and that impact has not all been good. I vowed as a young adult, long before I had a child of my own, that I would have a better relationship with my child(ren) and talk to them. It has made a huge difference in how my child relates to me and to others. Where as I couldn't look anyone in the eye when conversing with them up until just a few short years ago, my son makes respectful, direct eye contact with everyone he speaks with. It's awesome and amazing to see, especially to his mother, a former painfully-shy little girl.
When answering these questions, share it with your child(ren) and have them share their answers with you. The conversations may lead elsewhere, but that is the point.
So, that being said, here is your first Question of the Day:

What are two things that you feel you can't live without when you first wake up and what started this routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

question of the day--#1

The purpose of this post is to cause you to spend time talking with your kids. I found that while growing up, me and my parents didn't spend a whole lot of time in quality conversation....something I so desperately wanted and needed and wish now that I could have had. It has made a huge impact on how I relate to my parents now, as well as other relationships with friends, and that impact has not all been good. I vowed as a young adult, long before I had a child of my own, that I would have a better relationship with my child(ren) and talk to them. It has made a huge difference in how my child relates to me and to others. Where as I couldn't look anyone in the eye when conversing with them up until just a few short years ago, my son makes respectful, direct eye contact with everyone he speaks with. It's awesome and amazing to see, especially to his mother, a former painfully-shy little girl.
When answering these questions, share it with your child(ren) and have them share their answers with you. The conversations may lead elsewhere, but that is the point.
So, that being said, here is your first Question of the Day:

What are two things that you feel you can't live without when you first wake up and what started this routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment