Sunday, February 20, 2011

sun. stand. still.


ok, so i have this wednesday night Bible study with a group of amazing women, all of whom are believing for a sun stand still prayer to be answered in their lives. some are believing for friends and family members to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. others for jobs to come thru for them or their husbands. or for things to happen with their children that they don't see happening without GOD intervening on their behalf. i hadn't shared what mine was, for the main reason that i wasn't entirely sure it was from GOD. sure, i have prayers for friends and family members to know Jesus. i also have prayers for my own child to continue to grow closer to Jesus. and although my greatest desire right now is to be healed, those aren't my sun stand still prayers.

but i do have a sun stand still prayers that i am seeing the beginnings of right now, and others that i don't know how GOD will be able to pull off in my life. there is no indication they will occur, at least not in the natural. but i'm believing that GOD is lining everything up. i am also doing another Bible study on thursday nights, called a woman after GOD's own heart, and i'm learning the importance of prayer in the early morning. i've already gotten an answer to a prayer that i didn't even realize i had. although it is not my sun stand still prayer, i think it's important to include here. i will get to my sun stand still prayers shortly.

so.....last friday morning after reading a few verses, one stuck with me throughout the morning. it was from psalm 136, and is repeated throughout the entire chapter. it was “His love endures forever.”  i was thanking GOD for that fact all day….GOD loves me, and His love endures forever. the Creator of the universe loves me. FOREVER!!! how cool is that?  so anyway, back to my answer to the prayer i didn’t know i had. i asked GOD which of my giftings would He use for His glory. it came to me as clear as i’ve ever heard….painting. this did not mean house painting, although i’ve done that in the past. this meant acrylic painting. on canvas. i used to do it all the time, but haven’t in a while. the main reasons that i stopped are: 1) my health—i get exhausted very easily and at the end of a day full of whatever life throws my way, the last thing i want to do is drag out painting gear; 2) no time. need i say more? so when GOD told me “painting” my first questions were “how?” and “when?”…while i explained how i felt every day. this is where it gets good. i believe that GOD clearly put it on my heart that He would provide the time, energy, strength, and inspiration to paint whenever i purpose to do it. tears immediately sprang to my eyes and i wanted to shout hallelujah! i didn’t; it was only 6:45 am after all, and josey was still asleep. but i did say “thank you” over and over (and over) again to GOD. i’m so excited about this…i can’t even begin to describe how i feel. i know that GOD will give me the inspiration to paint, as well as the ability, time, strength, energy, and creativity. hallelujah!

now, onto my sun stand still prayers. the first is what i am seeing manifest right now. i’ve been busy knitting and crocheting lately…hats. more specifically….kid hats. baby hats. i wasn’t sure they are good enough to sell, so i gave some away to people i thought might enjoy them for their little ones….ok, for their girls. the boy hats aren’t in the making as of yet. well, today GOD gave me the idea and boldness to post some hats for sale on my blog and facebook. i thought i would get a few comments about them, but not the response i did get. i originally just wanted to make them as gifts, and eventually do a bunch and donate to an organization. i also thought that it would be fun to try to start selling them for a nice extra income. but not right away. i figured i would do it for a while, give some away, get the word out that i’m making hats. and hope beyond hope that word gets out and people just come to me to make them a hat or 2. probably why my jewelry business never got off the ground. not the ideal marketing strategy, to say the least. i’m the worst salesperson you’ll ever meet. forget selling ice to an eskimo….i couldn’t sell water to a parched saharan-ite-person. seriously! so this idea really made me go out on a limb….of faith. it’s GOD’s idea, so he’s going to have to be the marketing director, the salesman, and the idea man. not to mention the “get-the-word-out-and-draw-people-in” person. because i am no good at it! but within an hour i had already sold 2 with the possibility of sellng a bunch to a friend for them to sell in their store. hallelujah! that is sun stand still prayer #1.

sun stand still prayer #2 is this:
for as long as i can remember, i’ve wanted to start a photography business. at one time i even downloaded and printed over 250 pages of a photography book to learn how to take better photos. i have an eye for potential great photos, just not the camera to take them. my sun stand still prayer is for everything i need to get this going. from the ideal camera, to people who want me to take photos for them. or of them. to make it even more interesting, i am going to believe for someone to just hand me a brand new camera, as well as any other equipment necessary for this to be a success. i will also believe (as long as i’m believing big) that someone will offer to take me on as a paid part-time apprentice or assistant, with the sole purpose for me to learn the ins and outs of a photography business. i will also need the boldness and confidence and creativity to make my business a success….all to GOD’s glory! 

GOD is big….anything is possible for Him. even the things that i see as impossible. but things are possible for me when i believe. and i am believing for these big prayers to make the
SUN. STAND. STILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, February 20, 2011

sun. stand. still.


ok, so i have this wednesday night Bible study with a group of amazing women, all of whom are believing for a sun stand still prayer to be answered in their lives. some are believing for friends and family members to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. others for jobs to come thru for them or their husbands. or for things to happen with their children that they don't see happening without GOD intervening on their behalf. i hadn't shared what mine was, for the main reason that i wasn't entirely sure it was from GOD. sure, i have prayers for friends and family members to know Jesus. i also have prayers for my own child to continue to grow closer to Jesus. and although my greatest desire right now is to be healed, those aren't my sun stand still prayers.

but i do have a sun stand still prayers that i am seeing the beginnings of right now, and others that i don't know how GOD will be able to pull off in my life. there is no indication they will occur, at least not in the natural. but i'm believing that GOD is lining everything up. i am also doing another Bible study on thursday nights, called a woman after GOD's own heart, and i'm learning the importance of prayer in the early morning. i've already gotten an answer to a prayer that i didn't even realize i had. although it is not my sun stand still prayer, i think it's important to include here. i will get to my sun stand still prayers shortly.

so.....last friday morning after reading a few verses, one stuck with me throughout the morning. it was from psalm 136, and is repeated throughout the entire chapter. it was “His love endures forever.”  i was thanking GOD for that fact all day….GOD loves me, and His love endures forever. the Creator of the universe loves me. FOREVER!!! how cool is that?  so anyway, back to my answer to the prayer i didn’t know i had. i asked GOD which of my giftings would He use for His glory. it came to me as clear as i’ve ever heard….painting. this did not mean house painting, although i’ve done that in the past. this meant acrylic painting. on canvas. i used to do it all the time, but haven’t in a while. the main reasons that i stopped are: 1) my health—i get exhausted very easily and at the end of a day full of whatever life throws my way, the last thing i want to do is drag out painting gear; 2) no time. need i say more? so when GOD told me “painting” my first questions were “how?” and “when?”…while i explained how i felt every day. this is where it gets good. i believe that GOD clearly put it on my heart that He would provide the time, energy, strength, and inspiration to paint whenever i purpose to do it. tears immediately sprang to my eyes and i wanted to shout hallelujah! i didn’t; it was only 6:45 am after all, and josey was still asleep. but i did say “thank you” over and over (and over) again to GOD. i’m so excited about this…i can’t even begin to describe how i feel. i know that GOD will give me the inspiration to paint, as well as the ability, time, strength, energy, and creativity. hallelujah!

now, onto my sun stand still prayers. the first is what i am seeing manifest right now. i’ve been busy knitting and crocheting lately…hats. more specifically….kid hats. baby hats. i wasn’t sure they are good enough to sell, so i gave some away to people i thought might enjoy them for their little ones….ok, for their girls. the boy hats aren’t in the making as of yet. well, today GOD gave me the idea and boldness to post some hats for sale on my blog and facebook. i thought i would get a few comments about them, but not the response i did get. i originally just wanted to make them as gifts, and eventually do a bunch and donate to an organization. i also thought that it would be fun to try to start selling them for a nice extra income. but not right away. i figured i would do it for a while, give some away, get the word out that i’m making hats. and hope beyond hope that word gets out and people just come to me to make them a hat or 2. probably why my jewelry business never got off the ground. not the ideal marketing strategy, to say the least. i’m the worst salesperson you’ll ever meet. forget selling ice to an eskimo….i couldn’t sell water to a parched saharan-ite-person. seriously! so this idea really made me go out on a limb….of faith. it’s GOD’s idea, so he’s going to have to be the marketing director, the salesman, and the idea man. not to mention the “get-the-word-out-and-draw-people-in” person. because i am no good at it! but within an hour i had already sold 2 with the possibility of sellng a bunch to a friend for them to sell in their store. hallelujah! that is sun stand still prayer #1.

sun stand still prayer #2 is this:
for as long as i can remember, i’ve wanted to start a photography business. at one time i even downloaded and printed over 250 pages of a photography book to learn how to take better photos. i have an eye for potential great photos, just not the camera to take them. my sun stand still prayer is for everything i need to get this going. from the ideal camera, to people who want me to take photos for them. or of them. to make it even more interesting, i am going to believe for someone to just hand me a brand new camera, as well as any other equipment necessary for this to be a success. i will also believe (as long as i’m believing big) that someone will offer to take me on as a paid part-time apprentice or assistant, with the sole purpose for me to learn the ins and outs of a photography business. i will also need the boldness and confidence and creativity to make my business a success….all to GOD’s glory! 

GOD is big….anything is possible for Him. even the things that i see as impossible. but things are possible for me when i believe. and i am believing for these big prayers to make the
SUN. STAND. STILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment