Monday, March 7, 2011

in awe

as i am sitting here today crocheting yet another cute hat, i'm just in awe of what God has been doing thru me with these hats. i am totally blown away at the creativity flowing from my hands into these things. just short of three weeks ago, the only crocheting ability i had was scarfs and blankets. ok, not even blankets. every blanket i attempted to crochet or knit turned into a lopsided mess that i couldn't even bring myself to put on my own bed where no one else would ever see it. seriously! i was getting fairly good at scarfs, but come on, how difficult is it to stitch straight across, turn around, and stitch straight back across? if you have any ability at crocheting, you can make a scarf like the ones i was making!

all i can think of all this is how unbelievably faithful and kind this mighty God of mine is!

just two short weeks ago i posted my sun stand still prayer regarding these hats. and here i am already on my way to seeing it become a reality in my life. un-flipping-believable!  i'm in the process of making a hat that will already be #12 that i've sold, with another to make that someone else is buying. my blessings are crazily rolling in. i don't even know what to think, to tell you the truth. i'm just in awe of an awesome God. my prayer is that i never lose sight of what God is doing and start taking the credit for myself. because i know my crocheting and knitting ability before, and i know what it's like now. i do NOT want to lose it.

God has been so good to me and josey in providing for our every need over the last 3 yrs. and this is just evidence of that goodness....and then some. God is great! God is good! there is nothing...
NOTHING!....that my God cannot do!

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

Sovereign LORD, my strong deliverer,
   you shield my head in the day of battle.
Psalm 140:7

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:2 (NIV)

He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4 (NLT)

Psalm 91 (MSG)
You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
   Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
      I trust in you and I'm safe!"
   That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
      shields you from deadly hazards.
   His huge outstretched arms protect you—
      under them you're perfectly safe;
      his arms fend off all harm.
   Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
      not flying arrows in the day,
   Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
      not disaster that erupts at high noon.
   Even though others succumb all around,
      drop like flies right and left,
      no harm will even graze you.
   You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
      watch the wicked turn into corpses.
   Yes, because God's your refuge,
      the High God your very own home,
   Evil can't get close to you,
      harm can't get through the door.
   He ordered his angels
      to guard you wherever you go.
   If you stumble, they'll catch you;
      their job is to keep you from falling.
   You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
      and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
      "I'll get you out of any trouble.
   I'll give you the best of care
      if you'll only get to know and trust me.
   Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
   I'll give you a long life,
      give you a long drink of salvation!" 

2 comments:

  1. Dawn...this is so great...and you're right, what a testimony (again) to our great God. He is so creative...afterall, He's the one who first thought of crocheting...:) LOL! I love how you are being used in this to bless moms ad their babies by making something they will love...and also how it will bring gain for you and Josey! I rejoice with you friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! Praise be to God for your awesome gift! :)

    ReplyDelete

Monday, March 7, 2011

in awe

as i am sitting here today crocheting yet another cute hat, i'm just in awe of what God has been doing thru me with these hats. i am totally blown away at the creativity flowing from my hands into these things. just short of three weeks ago, the only crocheting ability i had was scarfs and blankets. ok, not even blankets. every blanket i attempted to crochet or knit turned into a lopsided mess that i couldn't even bring myself to put on my own bed where no one else would ever see it. seriously! i was getting fairly good at scarfs, but come on, how difficult is it to stitch straight across, turn around, and stitch straight back across? if you have any ability at crocheting, you can make a scarf like the ones i was making!

all i can think of all this is how unbelievably faithful and kind this mighty God of mine is!

just two short weeks ago i posted my sun stand still prayer regarding these hats. and here i am already on my way to seeing it become a reality in my life. un-flipping-believable!  i'm in the process of making a hat that will already be #12 that i've sold, with another to make that someone else is buying. my blessings are crazily rolling in. i don't even know what to think, to tell you the truth. i'm just in awe of an awesome God. my prayer is that i never lose sight of what God is doing and start taking the credit for myself. because i know my crocheting and knitting ability before, and i know what it's like now. i do NOT want to lose it.

God has been so good to me and josey in providing for our every need over the last 3 yrs. and this is just evidence of that goodness....and then some. God is great! God is good! there is nothing...
NOTHING!....that my God cannot do!

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

Sovereign LORD, my strong deliverer,
   you shield my head in the day of battle.
Psalm 140:7

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:2 (NIV)

He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
Psalm 91:4 (NLT)

Psalm 91 (MSG)
You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
   Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
      I trust in you and I'm safe!"
   That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
      shields you from deadly hazards.
   His huge outstretched arms protect you—
      under them you're perfectly safe;
      his arms fend off all harm.
   Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
      not flying arrows in the day,
   Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
      not disaster that erupts at high noon.
   Even though others succumb all around,
      drop like flies right and left,
      no harm will even graze you.
   You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
      watch the wicked turn into corpses.
   Yes, because God's your refuge,
      the High God your very own home,
   Evil can't get close to you,
      harm can't get through the door.
   He ordered his angels
      to guard you wherever you go.
   If you stumble, they'll catch you;
      their job is to keep you from falling.
   You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
      and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
      "I'll get you out of any trouble.
   I'll give you the best of care
      if you'll only get to know and trust me.
   Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
   I'll give you a long life,
      give you a long drink of salvation!" 

2 comments:

  1. Dawn...this is so great...and you're right, what a testimony (again) to our great God. He is so creative...afterall, He's the one who first thought of crocheting...:) LOL! I love how you are being used in this to bless moms ad their babies by making something they will love...and also how it will bring gain for you and Josey! I rejoice with you friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!!! Praise be to God for your awesome gift! :)

    ReplyDelete